National Greek Exam: Information, applications, and more from the official site of the exam.
The first volume of the new "Teaching Classical Languages" journal from CAMWS has nice Greek pedagogy material, and it can be downloaded for free here.
CPL Online 4.1 (2008), which is the predecessor of TCL, is devoted to Greek pedagogy and is available here.
Classical Outlook 87.1 (Fall 2009) is mostly Greek about pedagogy.
Below are the components of the packet of materials distributed at the Pre-Institute Workshop at the 61st Annual Institute of the American Classical League in Durham, NH, June 26-27, 2008. This workshop neither expected or required any knowledge (or recollection) of Greek. The materials are to help teachers who want to introduce Greek to their program or school. It is arranged around the syllabus for the "Introduction to Greek" level of the National Greek Exam, a syllabus designed specifically for teachers and students starting Greek but who do not have a full class to commit to the language.
- From Zero to Greek: An Introduction to the Language for Everyone: the basic packet
- From Zero to Greek: Writing the Alphabet and Exercises: Power Point slides showing how to write, say, and transliterate the alphabet, along with exercises and answer key.
- Sample Greek promotional flyer. PDF. Word (so the file can be adapted).
- Sample Greek promotional brochures. PDF. Word (so the file can be adapted).
- The Big Alphabet: each full-size page has a letter, along with its name and pronunciation.
- The not-as-big Alphabet: each full-size page has both the upper case and lower case letter, along with its name and pronunciation.
- The Greek Alphabet Code Cracker by Christopher Perrin: A short, entertaining introduction to and workbook on the Greek alphabet. Suitable for all ages, elementary school and up!
- Greek Loan Words: A set of words in both upper and lower case Greek which come into English almost unchanged. [courtesy of Tom Sienkewicz]
- Biblical Greek Loans words: A set of words in both upper and lower case Greek which come into English almost unchanged. [courtesy of Tom Sienkewicz]
- The 50% list: 65 words which make up half of all Greek!
- The 80% list: 1,100 words which make up 80% of all Greek. Find out more!
- Principal parts of all verbs in the Core Vocabulary. Also available in separate files by type:
- Vowel stems: including contract verbs
- labial stems: stems in b, m, p, and pt
- dental stems: stems in d, z, th, and s
- palatal stems: stems in g, k, kh, and and tt/ss
- liquid stems: stems in l, m, n, and r
- mixed stems: verbs which display radical stem change
- -mi verbs: everybody's favoriate athematic Greek verbs!
- Compound verbs: 60 verbs which compound to form 157 additional verbs from the Core Vocabulary
- Verbs with contract futures: 35 verbs which have contract futures
- Verbs with deponent futures: 33 verbs which have deponent futures
- Deponent verbs: 28 deponent verbs from the Core Vocabulary
- Verbs with a second (strong) aorist: 36 verbs with a second aorist from the Core Vocabulary
- Nouns in the Core Vocabulary by declension and stem type
- Adjectives in the Core Vocabulary by declension and stem type
- NEW! Online flashcards of Greek Vocabulary!
- Verbs of saying: a chart of Greek verbs of saying in each tense
- Verbs of coming and going: a chart Greek verbs of coming and going by tense
- Verbs of seeing and knowing: a chart Greek verbs of seeing and knowing by tense
- Personal Pronouns: an outline of personal pronouns and possessive adjectives
- Prepositions and Prefixes: an outline of the forms of prepositions which also serve as prefixes to verbs
- Proclitics: one page covers all ten proclit
- Enclitics: one page covers all the enclitics in Greek
- General Conditions: a handy succinct overview of conditions in Greek [courtesy of H Paul Brown at Southern Illinois University Carbondale]
Greek at LSU -- Supplemental Readings.
- Greek 1001 Biblical: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14
- Greek 2051 Biblical: Chapter 15, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, Chapter 18, Chapter 19, Chapter 20, Chapter 21, Chapter 22, Chapter 23, Chapter 24, Chapter 25, Chapter 26, Chapter 27, Chapter 28, Chapter 29, Chapter 30
[Materials provided by William Major, Chair, NCLG Committee for Greek]